Sadly due to the Coronavirus lockdown we will be unable to excavate this May. We are hoping that the lockdown will have eased in time for September, although at the moment this is looking increasingly unlikely.
The safety of the excavation team is our first priority and additionally the excavations are always open to the public. With this in mind we will not be taking a decision to continue excavating until we are assured that it is safe for the team and the public to do so.
The current situation, as of June 2020, suggests the shadow of the epidemic will still be over us in September, so we have decided not to excavate further this year, and plan two excavations next year.